Lindsay received her BSc in Pharmacology and Therapeutics from McGill University. As an undergraduate, she investigated the role of IGSF-1 in central hypothyroidism under the supervision of Dr. Daniel Bernard. Since then, she has worked for the Centre for Contact Lens Research (University of Waterloo), exploring use of contact lenses and biofilms as vehicles for drug delivery, and for Dr. Hwai-Jong Cheng (UC Davis) studying adult neurogenesis. Her work in the Olson lab now focuses on the effects of psychedelics on neuroplasticity.
• Ly C, Greb AC, Cameron LP, Wong JM, Barragan EV, Wilson PC, Burbach KF, Dunlap LE, Soltanzadeh Zarandi S, Sood A, Paddy MR, Duim WC, Dennis MY, McAllister KA, Ori-McKenney KM, Gray JA, Olson DE. Psychedelics promote structural and functional neural plasticity. Cell Reports, 2018, 23, 3170-3182.
• Cameron, L. P.; Olson, D. E. "Dark Classics in Chemical Neuroscience: N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)" ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2018, 9, 2344–2357
• Cameron, L. P.; Benson, C. J.; Dunlap, L. E.; Olson, D. E. Effects of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) on rat behaviors relevant to anxiety and depression" ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2018, 9, 1582–1590.
• Cameron, L. P.; Benson, C. J.; DeFelice, B. C.; Fiehn, O.; Olson, D. E. "Chronic, Intermittent Microdoses of the Psychedelic N,N‐Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) Produce Positive Effects on Mood and Anxiety in Rodents." ACS Chem. Neurosci., 2019, 10, 3261−3270.
• Cameron, L. P.; Nazarian, A.; Olson, D. E. Psychedelic Microdosing: Prevalence and Subjective Effects. J. Psychoactive Drugs, 2020, ASAP
• Dunlap, L. E.; Azinfar, A.; Ly, C.; Cameron, L. P.; Viswanathan, J.; Tombari, R. J.; Myers-Turnbull, D.; Taylor, J. C.; Grodzki, A. C.; Lein, P. J.; Kokel, D.; Olson, D. E. Identification of Psychoplastogenic N,N-Dimethylaminoisotryptamine (isoDMT) Analogs Through Structure-Activity Relationship Studies. J. Med. Chem., 2020, 63, 1142–1155.
2019 Mistletoe Fellowship
2018 Learning, Memory and Plasticity Fellowship (LaMP T32)
2018 Mid-Dissertation Research Award
2018 University of California, Davis Neurofest Poster Competition Winner (2nd place)
2016 Neuroscience Graduate Program Fellowship