Lee received his B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville where he worked under the guidance of Prof. Shawn Campagna on the asymmetric synthesis of N-arylpyrazole-based glucocorticoid analogues. As an undergrduate, Lee also worked under the supervision of Dr. Tomoko Fujiwara at the University of Memphis on the synthesis and preparation of selectively functionalized nanoporous polymer membranes. Here at UCD, Lee is derivatizing classical psychedelics to understand the structure-activity relationships that give rise to both their hallucinogenic and therapeutic effects.
• Dunlap, L. E.; Azinfar, A.; Ly, C.; Cameron, L. P.; Viswanathan, J.; Tombari, R. J.; Myers-Turnbull, D.; Taylor, J. C.; Grodzki, A. C.; Lein, P. J.; Kokel, D.; Olson, D. E. Identification of Psychoplastogenic N,NDimethylaminoisotryptamine (isoDMT) Analogs Through Structure-Activity Relationship Studies. J. Med. Chem., 2020, 63, 1142–1155.
• Tombari, R. J.; Saunders, C. M.; Wu, C.-Y.; Dunlap, L. E.; Tantillo, D. J.; Olson, D. E. "Ex Vivo Analysis of Tryptophan Metabolism Using 19F NMR." ACS Chem. Biol. 2019, 14, 1866-1873.
• Dunlap, L. E.; Andrews, A. A.; Olson, D. E. "Dark Classics in Chemical Neuroscience: 3,4-
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine" ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2018, 9, 2408–2427.
• Dunlap, L. E.; Olson, D. E. Reaction of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine with Dichloromethane Under Common Experimental Conditions" ACS Omega 2018, 3, 4968–4973.
• Cameron, L. P.; Benson, C. J.; Dunlap, L. E.; Olson, D. E. Effects of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) on rat behaviors relevant to anxiety and depression" ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2018, 9, 1582–1590.
2020 Keefer Fellowship
2018 Miller Fellowship
2018 Miller Symposium (Best Poster)
2017 Miller Symposium (Best Poster)